who thinks its time to scrap tng moovies and start making voyager pic

marty

Report this Feb. 25 2002, 4:30 pm

i think its time to get rid of tng movies and start making voyager moovies. People have lost intrest in the enterprise. I wana know what the voyager crew did after. Voyager also had much better acting.

Janeway709

Report this Feb. 25 2002, 7:13 pm

Definitely!

TNG has had its time. Voyager should definitely get in on the movie screen!

I hear Janeway’s got a scene in Nemesis though.

But anyway, you are right. Voyager needs to get in on the act!

voyager1713

Report this Feb. 25 2002, 7:40 pm

why not have both? or also have ds9 in it too?

trutrekker

Report this Feb. 25 2002, 10:46 pm

Voyager SUCKED, a ds9 movie at least would be nice. Voyager is awful.

LtMileo

Report this Feb. 26 2002, 7:03 pm

I don’t know what world you are in, but Star Trek itself began on the U.S.S. Enterprise, why not fulfill the idea? Plus, Voyager just ended what, 6 or 7 months ago? Ask your self this, how long was it until TNG got their first movie? I think you Voyager fans just need to simmer down, who knows, maybe they will make a new movie?

P.S. I disagree with your "Voyager does much better acting." But I’m not even going to go near that.

viking

Report this Feb. 27 2002, 12:00 pm

I really didn’t see a considerable difference between TNG, DS9 or Voyager. Of course the sets were different, there were differing casts, therefore differing characters but in general all these series had the same ’feel’ for them. Sure, Sisco was a bit more bitter than Picard, and Janeway had a different attitude than either of them, but these are characteristics brought by the actor.

What I’m trying to say here, folks, is that I’d consider either a DS9 movie or a Voyager movie just another TNG movie, only with a different cast.

I don’t really see the need for another movie at this time. ’Star Trek: Nemesis’ brings a closure to TNG that some people may need, perhaps to the 24th century. Other than that, I really don’t even see the need for ’Star Trek: Nemesis’.

Perhaps another series, set early in the 25th century, the ’generation’ immediately following TNG. Or perhaps a ’Captain Pike’ series, set just prior to Captain Kirk. Maybe a post-Kirk series, ’Captain Sulu’s Excelsior’.

As long as it’s done well I really don’t care what they do. I just don’t think another movie’s necessary right now.

Starbug

Report this Feb. 27 2002, 4:34 pm

Ok, some interesting thoughts that I’ve had
In my opinion Voyager is more entertaining than TNG, although Patrick Stewart is a fine actor. I would like to see a voyager movie but it will have to be well thought out or it will just seem pants. I also think that we should have a bit of a break before any movie after Nemesis, since I think Trek has generally been overmarketed. Its just not as appealing as it used to be because if you’re not a big fan then you may not undertand the different time frames of all the different series. And thats coming from a huge trek fan!

commander_ikkili

Report this Feb. 27 2002, 7:21 pm

The problem with this is that TNG has no goal, and they can do whatever. VOY had goals, and fulfilled them. They’re not gonna be the same crew or anything, since their mission is over. It’s impossible to actually make a movie unless it’s two hours of their life on Earth, and that would get kind of boring.

jaghith

Report this Feb. 28 2002, 11:56 pm

well i like TNG, but i think i would be a good idea make voyager movies, i agree with you, Captain Janeway is a great character.

Mr_Beetle_Snuff

Report this Mar. 03 2002, 12:28 pm

How about DS9!!! They left us hanging, and I personally would like to know the after math of the Dominion war...

Janeway77777

Report this Mar. 04 2002, 3:58 am

I do.

Users browsing this forum: miklamar